Job Posting: Mechanical CAD Technician
Position Title: Mechanical CAD Technician
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Summary: The Mechanical CAD Technician is responsible for creating and updating construction drawings to allow for effective material and project planning.
For over 22 years, ACL Design Build Solutions Limited, has been specializing in building lifestyle apartments for seniors, all-inclusive living, assisted living, memory care, and long-term care residences. We are a leader in creating communities for active older adults. We are seeking a Mechanical CAD Technician to join our team based in Halifax, NS.
Offering the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment, our success depends on the transparency and trust that we build with team members and the respect we show one another. We have a highly skilled workforce that understands and takes pride in what we are building for those who will occupy the space. Our team members do meaningful work every day as we design and build outstanding residences for seniors. At Design Build Solutions, big ideas are encouraged and celebrated, and innovation is a constant in our environment and is a vital part of our culture.
The Mechanical CAD Technician is responsible for creating and updating construction drawings to allow for effective material and project planning.
What You Will Do:
- Attend to jobsites to identify changes needed to mechanical systems layout.
- Compare initial mechanical drawing set from design engineers against site changes required.
- Identify mechanical systems interference/clashes and update mechanical construction drawings to reflect required changes.
- Create site as-builts as necessary during construction.
- Track change orders, site instructions, and drawing revisions in a highly organized manner.
- Complete and track drawing change approvals through established approval processes.
- Set up drafting standards and profiles for mechanical components in AutoCad.
Required Experience and Abilities
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or similar combination of education and experience.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD LT/MEP.
- Good knowledge of the following system design requirements:
- Heating and Cooling
- HVAC systems
- Plumbing/Drainage systems
- 3+ years of CAD experience, utilizing AutoCad or Revit software, is an asset.
- Ability to interpret electrical, architectural, structural, and civil drawings and ability to interpret buildings codes and industry design standards is an asset.