Job Posting: Site Supervisor
Position Title: Site Supervisor
Reports To: Senior Project Manager
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Summary: The Site Supervisor is responsible for day to day management and oversight of the project site including, but not limited to, safety, quality, scheduling and trade coordination/problem solving.
Required Education and Experience
- Construction Management Technology, Journeyman Certificate or related construction discipline is recommended
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Computer literacy including working skills in Microsoft Office and cloud-based software
- Implementation of Design Build Solution’s Safety Program and monitoring of safety performance of field staff and trade partners.
- Participate in the development and updating of the project schedule; create and manage short term look ahead schedules to ensure alignment of overall schedule and milestones.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and other team members to resolve issues. Identify and advise of design deficiencies, schedule challenges and other project issues.
- Monitor and evaluate trade partner performance with regards to safety, quality and scope of work.
- Ensure sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule and quality goals.
- Working directly with vendors to order and receive materials to complete various scopes of work.
- Maintain paperwork including daily field reports, safety inspections, schedule updates, etc.
Job Capabilities/Performance Standards
- Experience in General Contracting as Site Supervisor in residential, commercial and/or institutional construction; Design Build experience is a plus.
- Effective supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities to achieve project goals in relation to schedule, quality and budget.
- A strong leader and problem-solver, you are able to build trust with designers, trade partners and team members to achieve competitive excellence.
- Ability to build a successful team of trade partners and team members towards the successful delivery of a project.
- Must be flexible and a team player.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications.