Job Posting: Tower Crane Operator
Position Title: Tower Crane Operator
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Summary: To be successful as a crane operator, you will set and maintain a standard of accuracy, be able to work in extreme weather conditions, and operate the crane according to verbal, written, or signal instruction.
Required Education and Experience
For over 22 years, ACL Design Build Solutions Limited, has been specializing in building lifestyle apartments for seniors, all-inclusive living, assisted living, memory care, and long-term care residences. We are a leader in creating communities for active older adults. We are seeking a Tower Crane Operator to join our team based in Halifax, NS.
The Tower Crane Operator is responsible for operating various types of cranes at our project sites, including;
- 2019 Potain MDT 269
- 180ft working radius
- 9,800lb working load
- Crane is cabbed and is run via remote control
- Potain T130
- 164ft reach
- 3000lb capacity at max reach
- Crane is without cab and is run from the ground via remote control
To be successful as a crane operator, you will set and maintain a standard of accuracy, be able to work in extreme weather conditions, and operate the crane according to verbal, written, or signal instruction.
Crane Operator Responsibilities:
- Operate the crane and manage/control all lifts with crane.
- Inspect the crane to ensure its safety.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Clean and maintain the crane hoisting mechanism.
- Use all lever, pedal and/or remote controls efficiently.
- Set up and ensure operation meets the standards outlined in the manufacturer’s operator manual.
- Other construction site tasks as required to achieve project deadlines.
Crane Operator Requirements:
- Appropriate operator license/certificate as required by Crane Operator Regulations of Nova Scotia.
- Minimum of 4 years industry experience.